1.20.2014

Her first movie!

I took Emmie to her very first movie on Sunday! I told my girl we were going to have a special day, just mommy and Emmie. We drove to the theatre, we talked about the movie theatre and how we would get popcorn and we would sit right by each other and watch this fun movie called Frozen.
 
Upon recommendation, we were just late enough to skip all of the movie previews. We got to theatre, waited for our popcorn and headed to the theatre. We sat down…the movie started.
 
And a mere twenty minutes later, a hysterically crying kid and I hurried out of the theatre.
 
She was PE.TRI.FIED.
 
All I heard was that the movie was so cute, so adorable…well in classic Disney fashion, there are some scary moments too. And moments that aren’t so much scary to anyone else were EPIC to my wee one.  The men singing at the beginning…scary. The tumultuous sea, super scary. And then, the part where icicles flew off the girl’s hands along with a loud crashing noise…HYSTERICAL. As much as I assured Em it would get fun and nice and happy, she wasn’t having it.
 
So, we left.
 
Oh, I felt so bad. She was shaking. Tears were streaming down her face. She was silent. My heart broke a little. I promised her this special day with mom and it left her scared and sobbing. Nice mom.
 
Maybe we’ll be able to rent the movie one day…and watch it in the light and fast forward through any scary parts.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Silver lining... this goes to show that you don't overdo the TV time at home. She's not desensitized to violence. That's a win!

    ReplyDelete