1.08.2014

Christmas 3 of 3

We woke up on Christmas morning and it only took Emmie a few minutes to realize there were presents under her little pink tree. And she ran as fast as she could to see if there were presents under the other tree also.

Again, it was so fun to see her light up as she opened gifts, even the outfit and pajama ones. Oh and Ethan was super stoked about the sweatpants he got too. Poor babies, practical stuff until they know the difference.


I don't see why you would wear pants on Christmas morning.
Can you believe his skinny little legs? Just like his dad.


 Ethan's favorite "toy" was the crate that one of Emmie's gifts came in.
And this is why he got sweatpants for Christmas.


And in classic family tradition, we headed out to Hawley one more time to wrap up the Christmas festivities. This family likes a tradition. Christmas Eve is at my aunt Nancy's, there is Bunco, there are gifts, there are most definitely pickle wraps and if there isn't the meaty-pepper-cheesy thing in a wonton shell, well then it's certainly not Christmas. 

Christmas Day is at Carmen's and shockingly there is more food. But there is also a school gymnasium where the children and men and non-nappers go to run around. We dressed very specifically with this in mind, making sure Emmie wore a tank top under her sweater so she didn't end up topless like last year.  I stayed back with Ethan, you know, so that he could nap...not because I didn't want to run laps around the gym, because that sounds like something I would totally want to do after just inhaling half my body weight in ham and cheesy potatoes. Ethan passed out on grandma and I made the rest of us drinks. It worked out nicely.
 
Merry Christmas
2013

  
 2012 
Same jammies for Em, but they've both changed just a bit.

 
(And sometimes when you blog...you have a sneaking suspicion you've said the same thing before...I have. Guys, I really mean it about the pickle wraps and wonton things....)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment