I have nothing to blog about...because my life has been all consumed by something I'm not blogging about.
We're going to build a house!
I feel like sometimes when you put things on the internet it gets too real, because you know, everything you read on the internet is true. And well, we're not 100% there yet...so I'm hoping not to jinx it.
This little whim started with a open house over a month ago. We went, we saw, we turned up our noses and proclaimed we loved our house and were not going to move.
The following day I made an appointment to meet the builder.
Naturally, being one of the pickiest people on the earth without the time or energy or skill to redo an existing house, we have to build. We technically built our twin home, only getting to pick out the carpet, counters etc. And then we built the house we're in now. We took our builder's existing plan and just tweaked a couple things. But now....we're pretty much starting from scratch. Like, I'm scouring the internet day and night to find the perfect, budget friendly plan.
We started with one builder and then I met a new one. I seriously felt like I was cheating on our builder, but I think we found someone better, someone different. We were with the big brand builder and now we're going with an independent builder. There are no rules, no you have to use our realtor, you have to buy your lighting from this place etc. Oh yeah and the best part, our builder will buy our house if we don't sell it by the time our house is ready. Obviously not at the full asking price...but it sure helps mama sleep at night knowing we won't need to pay two mortgages!
But shhhh....we haven't broken up with the first builder yet! Should I text, email? Do I have to call? Oh gawd.
Anyways, I found a plan that we both agreed would be a great starting off point and we recently met with a draftsman to make modifications. I know, I feel fancy.
Now we need to find a lot and that is proving to be the most difficult part thus far.
So yeah, that's where I've been. Internetting, tweaking kitchen layouts, meeting with the builder, cheating on the builder, driving through neighborhoods, going to open houses, staring at the new development plans for all of south West Fargo wondering why the eff lots are so expensive and texting our realtor back and forth and back and forth.
You mean your Mama isn't your designer after all the houses they've been through??
ReplyDeleteYour Uncle knows of a place that sells the 'interior' stuff... :)
Stac
Good for you Kels!!
ReplyDelete