1.22.2010

Purple Pride by Default

So apparently there is some football game happening on Sunday?

Just kidding. If you live in the Midwest and you’re not under a rock, you know the Vikings will be playing their hearts out this Sunday trying to prove that this Farve thing hasn’t been a fluke. I’m a Vikings fan by default. I think purple pride was somewhere in our prenup.

Now, Andy isn’t a fool and he’s had his Viking’s heart broken in the past so he’s not getting too worked up about the game…but that is not the case for everyone else. Usually when I’m sick of hearing about sports, I ask Andy to turn off ESPN (whose logo is probably burned into our tv). But now it can’t be avoided as the hype has hit the local new channels, Facebook and even TJMaxx. I scour through the racks at TJMaxx to find the greatest deals on cute things – not VIKINGS apparel! The first rack I saw when I walked in was filled with Vikings crap and there wasn’t even a cute pink Farve jersey in sight, just big bold purple and gold sweatshirts.

Though I’m ready for the hype to be over, I’m excited for another Sunday afternoon spent cheering on the Vikings (aka curled up napping on the couch while the game is on).

*And I was kidding about the prenup by the way. Married at 24 our net worth included tips from Dagwoods, a ton of Pearl Jam crap memorabilia, and a papasan chair.

5 comments:

  1. I feel ya on the sports crap. Nate HATES the Vikings so it shall be an interesting Sunday. I can't wait for football to be over.

    Oh whatever, we gave you huge tips when we drank for free at Dags...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not exactly sure what to comment??? So, I will just say that Iam SOOOO sick of hearing about the stupid effin' Vikes & Bret Favre!!! Yeah, I get it they've never won a Superbowl, and guess what their probably not going to this year either!! That's right, I said it!! And, one more thing...purple & gold....really!!! Was whoever picked out these colors blind as well as just plain dumb!! I can't think of an uglier color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam - purple and gold were my high school colors. I object!! They are great. Take that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even I'm excited for the game on Sunday and I haven't watched a single game all year. Oh, and hopefully someday you can make some money on the Pearl Jam crap, I mean memorabilia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kels, that Papasan saw some goooooood action at the Sunview Apt!

    ReplyDelete