6.03.2013

My ears hurt...or do they?

Andy whisked Ethan off to the pediatrician after my last post to confirm the daycare's suspicion of an allergic reaction.

Not allergic.

Not even infected.

What?

The rash was just a fever rash.

Followed by the condescending "is this your first baby?" question. Uh, no it's not our first kid and so sorry that we were concerned at what could have been an allergic reaction to medication that perhaps could have lead to closed airways. My apologies.

And then...the ears, she believes, were never infected and she immediately took him off the amoxicillin.

With a judgy eye, she figured the "other clinic" (as in the Always Open Clinic whereas your clinic was closed for the holiday, because kids apparently don't get sick on holidays) saw a baby, saw ears and cried infection.

So.

There you have it.

And then....at Emmie's ENT tubes recheck today, just for funsies, I asked for a third opinion. Probably not appropriate to piggy back on the appointment, but I didn't care. There was fluid in his right ear. Which is apparently different than an ear infection? News to me. So we were instructed to "watch that."

How one watches the fluid in a baby's ear is beyond me...but quite honestly, I was only half paying attention. I was too distracted by the doctor's perfect skin and wrinkle-less face (I forgot she is also the plastic surgeon doc) and my mind was wandering into the land of botox and fillers and it all seemed so dreamy.

Maybe I'll have to go and visit the ENT to get "tubes" for myself one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment