10.12.2012

The mudroom

Alright...if we're doing photos, we're going to milk this thing.

Lots of posts heading your way. These are the before we moved in photos...

Let's start with the entrance from the garage.  The mudroom? Is that what people are calling it these days?


That is the garage door entrance straight ahead and I'm standing in the walk in closet. The little area to the left is called the drop zone. Fancy for Kelsey, put your shit here instead of on the kitchen table. To the right is a half bath and the entrance to the kitchen.
 
 
Are you interested in the details of our selections? While we love ourselves some white woodwork, we went with dark for the lockers...basically because I fear what the white woodwork would look like after a year or ten of backpacks, shoes, etc. being thrown all over it. So, dark we went.

Emmie already gets home after school and takes off her coat and hands it to one of us to hang up, puts her hat in the drawer and her shoes underneath.  And then says Mamashoes, Dadashoes until you do the same.


The half bath. Pretty self explanatory. Quite possibly one of my favorite wall colors. We opted to keep the flooring all the same throughout the kitchen, mudroom, and bathroom to maintain consistency...and it was one less decision we had to make. And we thought a round mirror and chandelier would be fun additions to the bathroom...and by "we" I obviously mean me.

6 comments:

  1. So far so great! I love lockers/mudrooms and dream about them sometimes (truth!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so nice Kels! I want to see LOTS more pics. Like now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep the pictures coming. I am so jealous of the mudroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, keep the pictures coming!! I will be checking weekly to see updates ;) SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the lockers turned out! And the area to set your shiz is such a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete