Damn Pinterest and all your fancy pictures. Once I saw the barn door...well, you know how it goes from there.
I did really like the barn door option as a space saver. It's not a very big room and the sliding door takes up way less space than the French doors would have (at least that's how I sold it to Andy).
I ordered the barn door hardware online and then had the people that did the rest of our doors make this one. Oh, but then I forgot to order the actual door handle, so that's still on its way. And you get to see furniture because the door was put up after we moved in.
This is the view as you walk in the front door. That's the den...fancy, like drop zone, for Emmie put your shit here instead of in the living room.

Love the barn door. We want to do this when we re-do our master bath, where did you get the hardware? Great choice!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Deletewww.rusticahardware.com
decent pricing, good customer service and quick delivery.
LOVE!!!
ReplyDeleteAmber Carr
Hi, I've been following your blog for about 2 or 3 years now. I always look forward to your posts. I am a friend of the Deal girls. Anyways, we put a barn door in our Mudroom, as the laundry door and we love it. Great choice and your house is beautiful!
ReplyDelete