6.24.2012

In our spare time:

So like we don't have enough going on...I decided to add in a little furniture makeover.

We've been busy purging everything in sight and I was thisclose to giving away our old armoire. It was a tv stand we used back in the twinhome days and has been sitting in a second bedroom collecting dust for five years. Andy suggested we keep at least one piece of furniture to use in the new house and little did he know this idea would lead to more work for him, sucker.


The armoire, you see the color is even bleached out on one side from sitting in the sun.

We sanded, primed and painted and turned this old armoire into a fun little accent for Emmie's new room:





Ah! I love it! And I'm so impressed at our first attempt to paint old furniture. I did, shockingly, follow internet directions and didn't just wing it, which seems a lot more like something I would do. We sanded first and then primed - using Killz Clean, a no VOC primer, so I could actually help! And then Andy painted with Twilight Meadow in satin finish...with something called Floetrol added in that helps minimize brush strokes...and is a little toxic to the preggies.

There you have it, our spare time project.

I may or may not have just started a furniture refinishing obsession!
 
(Update: armoire finds a home)

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! What a great idea! Want to paint ours too? We have the very same armoire in our guest bedroom collecting dust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I can't wait to see what you do with her room when you move! I'm sure it will be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty color! This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete