6.05.2012

1 POINT 5

As in one and a half. As in 18 months. As in six months from today, Emmie will be TWO (and she will be a big sister and we will be living in a new house).

Holy!

About the Miss:

She still loves to eat. But has a super fun new trick of throwing everything on the floor when she's decided she's done. She loves to use her spoon and fork and is really getting the hang of both. We've even been brave enough to hand over the cup of yogurt and let her figure it out on her own...it doesn't end all that well, but that's what a bib is for.

She is still a great sleeper, knock on wood and has yet to attempt to climb out of her crib. Every morning she gets up between 6:30 and 7am and we have cheerios and milk in bed. It's a pretty fun start to the day.

We're thinking about, thinking about potty training. Emmie is showing a bit of interest so I assume we should jump on it? The other night while we were playing she said potty and stood up. I got excited and thought this could be it! Then, she turned around and squeezed her little butt into her Little People house and sat on the potty, stood up and flushed it. It was beyond hilarious.

And I know I've said it before, but this kid is BUSY. Which I feel is a mother's loving term for crazy ass kid. Which she totally is. She rarely sits still and is constantly on the go. But with the personality and charm she has, I wouldn't have it any other way.

She is talking up a storm and I can't believe how her vocaulary grows from week to week. I will often catch her just talking to herself and I think she must be practicing or something. She gets really excited and puts a bunch of random words together into one big word: babymamdadogemmiemine! Oh did I mention her very favorite words are Emmie and MINE! And my favorite phrase is when she says love you, I mean, it's more like laa-oooo....but I know what she means.

So there you have it. And I'll leave you with some photos of Emmie on the golf course from our family golf tournament this weekend.




1 comment:

  1. Ahh I love the update! She looks so old out there being the pro golfer that she is.

    ReplyDelete