9.08.2011

Sugar.

Oh the dilemmas. 

Side note: am I the only person that has always thought you spelled dilemma with a silent “n”? I mean, I do fancy myself quite the word enthusiast and all these years, I thought it was dilemNa. Damnit!? Wait, is that dammit too??

Anywho.

My newest dilemma. Daycare. Fruit = canned = filled with sugary syrup.

I am NOT cool with this.

Emmie’s totally into real live, fresh fruit at home and I am into NOT giving her sugary so called fruit. Or any sugar for that matter. (But I've also been known to lick the salt off of the totally expensive organic crackers I give her...note to self, unsalted next time.)

So I asked about fruit at daycare. It’s in a can. Ugh. Seriously.

Sooo now, am I going to be that mom that cuts up fresh fruit and packs her 9 month old's lunch box everyday? Or do I quit my job so I can stay at home and feed her fresh organic foods all the live long day? Ok, so I know the last one isn’t happening but I just don’t think I can let her eat canned sugary fruits this early in life.

I know I'm a little nuts and I know I will succumb to the sugars at some time, but I'm just hoping to hold off as long as I can.

What’s a me to do??

you see, she likes peaches...and popped collars.

1 comment:

  1. I am TOTALLY against sugar, and make sure it isn't hidden in anything that is supposed to be non-sugary (though let's face it, eventually you do have to let your kid have a cupcake). If she likes real fruit, you don't want her even TASTING the sugar laden stuff. Cut it up, send your 9 month old to daycare with a lunch box, PBK makes super cute ones you can personalize. Buying something and feeding your kid right? Win-win!

    ReplyDelete