5.27.2011

This summer vs. last summer

Last summer I was pregnant.
This summer I am not.

Last summer I did not get to drink. Though I would grab a sip of Andy’s beer whenever possible, out of public sight, it never really quenched my thirst.
This summer I get to indulge in a frosty bud light with clamato juice, a big glass of wine, or a vodka soda whenever I please.

Last summer I did not have to suck it in. An entire summer spent just lettin’ it all hang out there…and calling it a bump instead of a gut. It was awesome.
This summer, I have to suck it in.

Last summer I had to take at least two days off a month not to lose my PTO.
This summer, well I burned pretty much all of my time off taking a 14 week maternity leave. So no extended vacations for me but, have no fear, there will be plenty of short days and long weekends.

Last summer I was buying clothes to cover the bump.
This summer I’m buying clothes to cover the babe! The rompers. The summer dresses. The swimming suits. Can we talk about how amazingly adorable baby swimming suits are? The ruffles. The belly hanging out of inappropriately small baby bikinis. The sandals. And the pudgy toes in jellies. And the baby short shorts just purchased at Gap Kids? The list goes on and on.

Last summer I was pregnant.
This summer I am a MOM!

This summer wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment