1.24.2011

a beer never tasted so good

This is one of those few and far between complainy posts...so deal with it...and I'll be back to normal in the morning.

You know how when someone else's baby cries you just give the kid back to their mom? Yeah, well now I'm the mom. And for some reason my non-crying happy go lucky baby has been replaced with a fussy opposite of happy go lucky little girl. 

She's kicking night time sleep ass, so I can't complain about that...but daytime? For some reason she's not interested in naps all of the sudden...or being put down...or being held by anyone but me...which is super fun by the way. Andy can calm her for about 3 seconds before she's passed back to mama.  Oh I hope this little phase ends soon!

It's adorable for about two minutes...you know, no one can make you happy but me...it warms my heart...but then I remember that I haven't eaten or peed in hours and it takes the fun right out of it. Have you ever tried to eat, clean, go to the bathroom or blog with one hand? Not easy. 

So it was Andy's main goal at the g-store this evening to bring home anything and everything that might possibly make me happy.  He scored me Oreos and mini Sunkists. Ahhh, straight to my heart. 

And he came home to find his baby girl asleep and his mother finishing off a Bud Light. Don't judge me. (I did read in a totally legit online article that the barley in beer increases milk production...so yeah, I'm doing this for her, not me!)


She's still so damn cute though...

2 comments:

  1. A happy/relaxed mom is a good mom! So enjoy your beer, and no one is judging you, including this nursing mom who loves her wine when she gets a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a nursing mom 4 months and counting...no judgement at all! And let me tell you, when she starts sleeping 12 hours through the night, the couple glasses of wine you will have after she is sleeping soundly are something you will look forward to everyday! she is a doll baby :)

    ReplyDelete