5.02.2010

Sorry about the rain.

It is a rainy Sunday and I apologize for that because it’s probably the Fellows’ fault. Did I get my car washed? No. Andy bought a new bike.

We thought a bike would be a great exercise outlet for the dog. Yes, we already bought a treadmill for him, so now it’s time for a bike.  And since Andy still needed to spend some of his Microsoft “fitness” money, who wouldn’t want a free bike?

So, we headed off to Scheels on Saturday and that was mistake number one. It’s like a tourist attraction for small towners. It’s ridiculous…but I did get a hotdog and strawberry Italian soda, so I fit right in.

We made our way to the bike section and then realized just how long it has been since we had a) rode a bike or b) bought a bike. We saw Treks and Gary Fishers. Those were cool back in the day…at least 15 years ago (Oh my God, we're old.)...but what about now?   And the mountain bikes we were so used to…have now been replaced by sleeker tires for “city riding.” As much as we hated it, we had to flag down a salesperson to help.

Andy picked out a new grey Trek and we headed out - we skipped the ferris wheel and $80 Twins sweatshirt that was so adorable.

Oh and another thing, this bike came with a bell but no kickstand. A bell, but no kickstand. Is that weird or is it just me?

Man, times have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment