1.27.2013

Friday night: then and now

Back in the good old college days, I would prep for a night out like it was my job. This past Friday night I again prepped all day to go out with the girls, but in a slightly different way (slightly would be typed in sarcasm font if possible).

Back then, I would contemplate attending a Friday class, probably opt out and sleep in...you know, til noon perhaps. By noon these days, I have been up for six hours.

Back then, I would wander down to the sorority house dining room where lunch was waiting. I'd complain if it was a less than perfect batch of home made ranch. Um, seriously? If someone had lunch waiting for me right now and I was allergic to it, I'd still eat the whole damn thing.

Back then, I would watch Days of Our Lives as Kristin was trying to break up John and Marlena . Oh wait, I guess that part is exactly the same ten plus years later.

Back then, I would putz around and finally decide to go work out, mainly to give me incentive to go tanning. Now I grab the towels off the exercise bike and throw them in the laundry. Spendy little drying rack we bought. And the tanning is out and the wearing what covers the most skin is in.

Back then, I would take an afternoon nap to prep for the evening, though I had just rolled out of bed hours prior. Now, I use Ethan's precious nap time to shower and get as ready as possible before he wakes.

Back then, I would hit up Subway to get a "good base" going for the evening. Now, I get the crockpot going early so dinner is ready and waiting for the Little Miss after school.

Back then, I had probably gone out the night before. Now, I haven't even left the house since Sunday, no joke.

Back then, I would hop in the car with a backseat full of friends, wondering who all would be out. Now, I hop in the car with a backseat full of car seats and know I won't recognize a soul besides the people at my table.

Back then, I would be out until all hours of the night and find my way to bed where I would remain for a solid twelve hours. And now, I get in bed and the minute my head hits the pillow there is a baby crying for a mid night snack.

And instead of crawling into a friend's bed in the morning to rehash the night's events, Emmie crawls into ours for some morning cartoons....I guess growing up does have some perks.

No comments:

Post a Comment