Let's move on to Emmie who literally makes me laugh outloud everyday. She's funny and she knows it. And she's naughty but with that little angel face, she can get away with a lot.
Her new tricks:
Talking. Oh my god, she is talking non stop. Her favorite question: where ____ go? Fill in the blank with mama, dadda, nana, papa, tee-tee (Kristy), lee-lee (Livvy). And you answer the question once, you'll be answering it a hundred times.
And the nana and papa thing; I'm in love with it. I've not so secretly always wanted Emmie to call my parents nana and papa, I think it's the cutest thing ever. And then one day, she did. I didn't even encourage her, I think it was just easier to say. And believe me...the "laa you nana" with a wave and kiss in the air will melt your heart.
Other heart melters....we've always been mama and dadda. And this week....we were upgraded to mommy and daddy. Ohmagawd. How sweet to hear mommy out of that little face!
Oh and she's getting a little bossy. Like when she tells you to sit down, but it comes out a little more Hitlerish sounding like "mama, seeeeeet dowwwn."
She is very obsessed with books right now, which is a perfect playtime for me...not so much moving, not so much racing around.
She is also obsessed with her blankies. All of them. She has 2 little blankies and 2 bigger blankies and they're all going everywhere these days. Which completely scares me...what if we lose one!?
She is still going to bed like a dream, but likes a little alone time before she falls asleep. She sings, she dinks around....she takes off her pants, you know totally normal stuff.
![]() |
| Emmie and Brother Tuck during family fun time at the kennel. |
![]() |
| Great Aunt Carmen taught Emmie to pick apples and then use her shirt to carry them all. |
![]() |
| And this one if from earlier this summer, but I just got to see it for the first time. Thanks Heidi! |



No comments:
Post a Comment