A mini Christmas. Mini as in just the immediate fam.
Not to be confused with Christmas which means the wholedamnfam which means Christmas Eve in Hawley and appetizers (because it takes too much effort to correctly spell hors d'oeuvres) and Bunco and the gift exchange and wine and that card game that I don't how to play but everyone else loves and probably a pedicure and perhaps some tweezing and Grandma opening the exchange gift she wants and then accidentally "hiding" it so no one else can take it and did I mention the appetizers and more specifically the pickle rolls and wonton things that are what makes it Christmas - can I get an amen?! and lots of photos and the last gift exchange gift that sits in the lonely center because no one really wants the fun to end and a drink or two and presents....for the kids, that aren't in college yet, because once you hit college you don't get presents, but you are formally accepted into the gift exchange...because those are the rules. I don't make them, I just abide by them.
I digress.
Sunday night we gathered to have a little Christmas before Dave, Kristy and Olivia pack up for Dickinson. Emmie scored some fun presents...as did we...all centered around the big family trip to Florida! Fun. Sun. Can't wait!
(Please note the black eye this poor kid has been sporting for about a week. She ate it at daycare and the bruise just keeps getting worse.)
Come join me on this basket.
Why did they buy us toys? We already have this basket.
Grandpa Mike playing with Emmie.
Liv and Dave.
No comments:
Post a Comment