7.12.2011

The lake!

After the 4th of July festivities, we headed out to the lake. Just like last year (minus Kris - sad face), Andy and I took some time off to enjoy what summer we actually have. This time, we packed a baby for the trip! Ok, she is a little person and we loaded up A LOT. I mean, we owned it, we packed it. And I feel like I didn't even over pack that much...unlike my own suitcase filled with clothes I was never going to wear but had to pack.

Off we went to lake Sallie to hang out with Alicia, Matt and the fam. It's so fun to get out of Fargo and enjoy the sun. And enjoy it we did. The weather was absolute perfection the entire time we were there. And the little miss was awesome the entire trip.  She napped, she ate, she played. We had to end some booze cruises early so she could sleep, but other than that, having a baby along was pretty easy. My only beef with the vaca was our baby monitor. The damn thing didn't get reception on the dock. I mean come on, don't these people know you want to tan and cocktail while your baby is sleeping without having to run in to check on her?


She liked the water though it was a bit cold. You'd never know by the smile on her face, but the shivers and goosebumps convinced us to take her out.



 
She gets a little confused when Andy wears a hat.

The kid had puffs and a bottle, we had seven layer dip and margaritas. Oh vacation, I miss you already.

The view from the boat. Because we had a go-check-on-baby-every-fifteen-minutes rotation, we just sat on the pontoon on the lift. It was pretty much the same thing as boating right? Gah-lorious day...everyday...followed by more gloriousness. Have I mentioned I'm missing vacation yet? 

Clarification: it's seems I have taken a liking to the booze over this vacation. Which I did, but either mom or dad was sober parent, so no need to judge y'all.

3 comments:

  1. Is it a thing that one parent should stay sober? Certainly not after bedtime, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice swimsuit choice, kid. One of my personal faves in V's swimsuit lineup.

    Anne, I don't think that's a thing in Wisconsin. Not up north, anyway, but I can't speak for the crazy libs down south.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun time had by all. Sad that I missed it.

    Sober parents? What? Definitely not necessary in ND.

    ReplyDelete