The only Gap in the area with a maternity section is in the Mall of America. Apparently I don’t frequent the Mall that is Mega often enough, because the Gap was hiding like a fat camper on weigh in day. We finally located the Gap and I triumphantly headed in, hopes high.
Two minutes later I returned dejected.
I replayed my conversation with GapTwitEmployee to mom:
Me: Um, where is the maternity section (imagine out of breath, and a little hostile holding back tears.)
GTE: Oh due to construction the maternity section is now in Bloomingdales.
Me: It’s in Bloomingdales? (huge emphasis on IN BLOOMINGDALES? with a very confused look on my face.)
GTE: Yep, right next to their baby section.
Me: Okaaaaay. Now I have this 40% off coupon that I can only use at the Gap, can I use it there?
GTE: Yes, absolutely.
So mom and I headed off to Bloomingdales, confused as ever and stopped the first employee we saw. And the Bloomies employee with a super
Unfortunately, it was a super small selection and only ONE dressing room. However I found a pair of jeans and two tops. We got to the check out and I asked if I could really use the 40% off coupon like the GTE had promised…and…of course not. The sales girl said it was completely up to the computer and turned around the screen to prove to me the coupon would not work. She scanned the coupon and *plink*plink*plink all items were immediately 40% off. Yes! And then she mentioned jeans were buy one get another pair for $20…okay, I’m in. And then I had a $40 rewards coupon to use…so my total purchase was $50.
Oh hell to the yeah.
Naturally I then spent the savings on a new purse. Suck it Gap!
This story makes me happy. Thought you should know.
ReplyDelete