3.12.2010

Bon Bons!

In high school, did your French Club ever raise money for some trip by selling the most amazing candy ever? Ours did. And thank you Fargo South circa 1997 for introducing me to the candy that trumps all candy.

Bon Bons.

No, not the chocolate covered whatever version. I’m talking about these little round pink pellets of delicious goodness available only once a year. 50 cents for a tiny little bag, SOLD.

Well, thankfully I have friends that are still in high school. Ok, they’re teachers this time ‘round, but they have access to said Bon Bons. And every March, I get a call from Grant or Erin telling me it’s Bon Bon time. And seriously, when I got the text from Grant this year, I almost drove off the road with excitement – how could I forget? March = My Birthday and Bon Bons!

Erin delivered a bag full of Bon Bons and I tried to keep myself from immediately tearing into them - I also wanted to hide them from Andy. I know, I act like I’m 5 sometimes but they’re just so delicious and in limited quantity so yes, I’m selfish – not a news flash to anyone. But, I fessed up the goods and shared…though I’m already devising a hiding spot for a few bags.

So, if anyone is wondering my whereabouts in the next few days, I will literally have my feet up, watching Chelsea, eating Bon Bons.

3 comments:

  1. ohhhhmyyyyy gosh!!!! I AM SO JEALOUS!! How could I forget about these amazing pieces of candies!!!! My Spanish club sold them... and now I want some!! Way to rub it in my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st, I've never heard of these "so called" amazing candies!?
    2nd, "Sitting around eating bon bons" is my phrase, Kelsey!!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. grrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm jealous too!!! Its been so long I was beginning to wonder if I imagined these things existed!! I need to put this on my reminder for next March - to order bon bons via the Gigstads. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete