I went to Target on Monday to buy a pop.
I spent $75 on a new rug and pillows for the living room instead. I didn't even know I needed to redo the décor upstairs...but Target knew otherwise.
I've been on the hunt for a nice little rug for in front of the kitchen sink...Andy needs something comfy to stand on while he's doing dishes, right? Just kidding. Andy doing dishes is more like filling the pan up with water and a little soap and letting it sit for a day. (Sorry about that bus driving over you just then dear.)
Anyways, while perusing the aisles of Tarjay, this rug found me. It's near perfection and finding the perfect rug is like finding well, I can't think of anything funny to say, but we know it's hard, let's leave it at that. So this rug, it's mainly beige - we know I need beige with Tuck running amuck in the house. And it has color. This part is new for me. Kels is a beige and white kind of girl, but the brown, red, green, turquoise and yellow accents just caught my eye.
My new rug is home and loving its new location. However, the rug under my dining room table is in dire need of a change. My baby rug needs its mama and at a more than a cheap price, Andy's not interested.
The lust for my new rug has changed from want to NEED. I look at my old rug with disgust every time I pass it. How has this rug lasted here so long? My new rug mocks my old rug from across the room with its color and newness.
I've almost got Andy convinced we need the rug...I mean, we're adults. Adult rugs cost money and this adult waaants a neeeew ruuuug (imagine that in a 5 year old whiney voice, arms crossed with a solid foot stomp).
I'd like to post a photo of said delicious rug, but unfortunately the online photos just don't do it justice. So when all is said and done and mama rug is at home and happy next to baby rug...I will post a photo. Until that day arrives...well...we all know that day will arrive soon, we'll just wait a bit.
The anticipation might kill me, you must know that.
ReplyDelete