I went to the Post Office over lunch today. The PO is the last place on Earth I'd like to spend my lunch. I rarely go to the Post Office, it's completely unnecessary. As unnecessary as a trip to the bank. Direct deposit, online banking, ATMs, need I go on?
Anyways, I had to go to the PO and missed the one way entrance to get there. Naturally, I slowed down to turn into the one way the wrong direction. There was a car coming out the correct direction, so I politely waited. Yes I know I'm entering the wrong way, it's nice of me to at least wait for the person doing it correctly, right?
Well, the lady in her car waiting to turn on to the street was not impressed with my intentions to break the rules. She actually mouthed to me "you're going to get in trouble."
Really. I'm going to get in trouble? By whom might I ask? There aren't even enough employees to wait on the customers in line and you think someone is going to come and get me for entering the wrong direction. I don't think so.
And who says "you're going to get in trouble"? Honestly, a "hey dumb ass you're going the wrong way" or just a nasty look would have left a better impression.
No comments:
Post a Comment