3.08.2011

day one, done.

Well I survived my first quasi day back in the working world. 

It's technically not really work at all when I sit through meetings with my friends peers gossipping about the past three months discussing new banking regulations. 

Notsomuch perks of the day:
Leaving Emmie knowing that when I got home for the day she would probably be so big I wouldn't recognize her.
Having to be somewhere at a specific time.
Pumping...in the parking lot...
Having a terrible headache either from too much social interaction or having to wear my contacts for more than an hour.
Realizing I'm so that new mom that could hardly wait three seconds before pulling out photos of Emmie.
Knowing in a few days I will have to do this EVERY day.

Perks of the day:
Finally stepping on the scale I've avoided for so long only to realize I hit prepreggo weight!
Actually pulling myself together with makeup and hair and accessories and an outfit that needed to be ironed.
Socializing with people my age.
Hearing how cute Emmie is when showing off her photos.
Having lunch and snacks made for me and cans of coke on ice just feet away.
Coming home to baby and dad so happy after a great day together...of course she would pull off a three hour afternoon nap for him, why wouldn't she?!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, my first day back is Saturday, and I will be trying to attempt pumping while DRIVING to work :)

    Glad it went well, I am excited for that adult interaction!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They ALWAYS nap forever when dad is home. You'll get 45 minutes, he gets a day and a half.

    Glad your day went well :)

    ReplyDelete