3.15.2011

A-okay!

Yeah. You read it right. I'm okay!

I'm kinda surprised myself.

It has been surreal being back at work, like everything has changed but nothing is different, but not in a bad way.  With tons of emails to sift through, racing home over lunch, pumping a couple times a day and reconnecting with coworkers, it's 5 o'clock before I know it.

I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon.

But it is so fun to come home and entertain the babe after work.  I'm full of energy even if I'm dog tired and we play our hearts out until bedtime...which has amazingly moved up to 8pm (and yes, she sleeps until 6:30 or 7am - so thankful for this amazing sleeper!). 

And Daddy Daycare is going well too - I came home to dinner in the oven today, which is more than I ever got accomplished.

I do miss the little miss like crazy and light up like the fourth of July when someone asks to see pictures and probably tell too many stories like a cliche new mom and think about what they're doing at home all day, but the transition back to the real working world has gone better than expected.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy for you, Kelsey. From a fellow working mother, there is a happy medium and sometimes doing both makes a person better at both! :)

    ReplyDelete