Now, I don't care if you're pro-life or pro-choice that's totally your decision. But I do hope you're pro-Emmie having a little brother or sister some day.
Currently, House Bill 1450 is being considered by ND lawmakers. This bill is aimed at making abortion illegal in the state of North Dakota, well in addition, the bill would make In-Vitro Fertilization illegal too.
I know.
Are you kidding me?!
I understand the politics behind the pro-choice/pro-life debate, however this is a completely different scenario. (You can google the HB 1450 to get more information on the "personhood" verbiage with regards to embryos etc.)
The passing of this bill would prohibit hundreds of couples from having a child...to GIVE LIFE! And if the clinic were unable to perform IVF procedures, a big money maker, I can only assume they would have to close their doors to other fertility treatments as well.
So my friends, clearly this topic is near and dear to my heart and if you would like to write a letter or email your ND representative, here is a link.
And here is an article that is pretty easy to read regarding the topic.
Obviously I'm not trying to start any political banter here, because I'd honestly rather talk about The Real Housewives, Bethenny, my new fave website 6pm.com or my latest find at Gap Kids...but I needed to pass on the information because I wasn't aware until someone informed me. So, knowledge really is power people.
No comments:
Post a Comment