You know how some things are just okay to do when you're at home...like wiping baby drool with your sleeve or smelling baby butts like it's no big thing or opening things with your teeth?
Then you go out in public and have to modify your behaviors to pretend like you don't act like a caveman?
It was a family trip to the mall today. We hit the Gap and apparently Emmie was not interested in the fine apparel surrounding her...I get it, probably not enough color to stimulate the infant mind, but mom likes her neutrals to range from white to offwhite to beige and Gap satisfies the need. Anyways...she started to fuss. So I pulled her out...remembered we were in public and had Andy do a discreet butt sniff behind the racks.
Excellent, we can parent like adults outside the confines of our house!
Fast forward to me at the eye clinic. Contacts out, chatting with the doctor, I'm still blind, yadda yadda. Doctor leaves, I go to put my contacts in...grab the saline that is just like mine at home and OPEN IT WITH MY TEETH. As the bottle left my mouth I realized what I had just done and did a mini gag. Good gawd...did I seriously just put a community saline bottle top in my mouth...yep, sure did. Thankfully there was no one in the room when I cavemanned the bottle top, but I still...eww!!
Stay classy San Diego.
Kels, this is why I love your blog! I can hear your voice telling this story and i like it, i like it a lot.
ReplyDelete