Work.
It's looming on the horizon.
And I'm trying to get prepared...hence the numerous blog posts and facebook uploads this weekend.
I think I'm in denial.
Everything is in order: my suits and dress pants are back in the closet, new outfits are lined up and ironed for the week, nails and toenails are painted for the first time this winter, Emmie photos for my office are tucked in my purse, and my purse essentials have been moved out of the diaper bag and back to the purse.
I'm ready. Now I'm just waiting. You know how when you're kinda dreading something the day just moves like molasses? Ugh. I'm at the point where I just want it to get here already...it's going to happen so let's just get on with it already.
I think I'll be alright. Besides the whole missing my child like I'm missing right arm thing, the saddest part is that there is NOTHING to look forward to from here on out. No three month hiatus from stress and work responsibility. Just weekends and an occassional vacation and retirement. Yes, there are fun things to look forward to: coming home to the wee one, The Bachelor Finale, lunch dates with friends, perhaps a 30th birthday party this weekend...but nothing HUGE like three months off!
Can you get post-maternity leave depression?
The good thing is that it's about to be spring, I literally hibernated through the entire winter and I'm coming out of hiding to above 30s weather.
And my goal for the morning is to hit Starbucks for the first time in months on the way to work....while listening to a new CD I burned, yes I burn CDs, I'm vintage like that. And number one on the list...Dolly Parton's 9 to 5. If that doesn't get you ready to face the day, nothing will!
Okay, enough rambling...I'm going to have to Nyquil myself to sleep tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment