4.03.2013

The corner

February.
 
That's when I posted the picture of our bedroom. And I said I would be putting something in the corner that weekend. Well, I did bring up the shelves and put them by the chair that weekend...but that's where they stayed. For two months.
 
And they probably would've stayed there a bit longer, but we've had company. Repeat company that has seen the shelves sitting on the floor for weeks on end. [And is silently judging me, I just know it.]
 
You see, our builder has had a lot of interest in our floor plan. And because we really like her, we let her show our house to prospective clients. And she throws in a nice little gift card every time she visits, which is a bonus.
 
Side note: We've literally shown the house seven times in the last couple months. So we clean and tidy and try to make it look like we don't have a dog or a toddler.  And I feel like we're selling our house all over again and I'm waiting to hear if the people liked it.

Anyways, I just couldn't go another showing without doing something with the shelves.
 
So, the corner. 
 
 
Now this is where the paragraphs leading up to the photo are supposed to have entertained you enough to not care that the corner is just, meh. 

I really like the shelves - pulled from the depths of the basement and painted aqua. The décor is also from the basement because I didn't have time to go shelf filler shopping. (And I will admit that I find shelf filling one of the most difficult jobs ever. And this one was a bit more difficult because my main task was hiding the outlet and cable thingy.) I needed something pretty tall and wide...and thankfully I'm a hoarder and had enough on hand to do the trick.
 
There you go, that's it. Pretty boring, but the outlets are hidden and the shelves are off the floor.

And now off to the next task at hand....people, there's paint and there's paisley, let's hope it turns out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment