Windows open for the first time in forever.
Muddy boots because we have no lawn and why would you want
to walk anywhere else but in the mud.
Skinned knees because Emmie doesn’t know how to just walk,
she has to run…down pavement.always.
Meeting the neighbors after climbing out from under the
wintery rock we’ve been living under for months and months. In just four houses there are 4
toddlers, 2 six month and unders, two baby bumps, five dogs, I think we all went
to UND and half of us graduated from Fargo South.
No socks with our shoes because the “snow is all done.” (I
hope!)
Running to and from the car without blustery wind at our
face.
Sidewalk chalk that Emmie helped herself to, courtesy of the
neighbor’s garage. (Thanks for sharing Shea!)
Neglected blogs because children are awake with the sun
still shining at bedtime and no one wants to go to bed when “the lights are
still on.” (Even with blackout shades, she knows it’s not dark out.)
Grilled steak and burgers and potatoes and all things
wonderful that don’t require a hundred pots and pans to be cleaned.
Painted toes because it’s almost barefoot season.
Finding out quick dry
is the perfect thing for a toddler to use. I wish I would’ve taken a photo of
her painting Andy’s toes…she thought it was the funniest thing ever.


No comments:
Post a Comment