4.01.2013

Easter Fun

We're so cliche over here at the Fellows' house. It was Easter,  there was dying of eggs, egg hiding, the whole nine yards.
 
It was actually pretty fun. This is the first year Emmie really got what was going on and of course we watched the Dora Easter special about a hundred times leading up to the big day. Because nothing says He's Risen like Dora and a hip hop Bunny.
 
We invited Liv, Kristy and Nana over on Saturday to have a good ol' egg dying party. That lasted about five minutes. I think picking out the color tablets was the most exciting part for them. And then Emmie figured out she could smash the eggs together and it was on.
 

 

I figured the egg dying wouldn't hold their attention for long so I had also planned some finger painting. Who doesn't love an unfinished basement for all of this messiness?! I unrolled some wrapping paper and hung it backwards on the wall. Feet and feet of paper to use and shocking, Emmie still goes for the wall.

 
 
Easter morning we woke up and started the egg hunt. Wouldn't it be super fun if I posted pics of Emmie running through the grass in her sweet Easter dress, the sun shining as she filled her basket with eggs. Yeah, well it's still winter so that's not happening.
 
She was however super stoked about the Easter eggs she found around the house.  Again, I knew an Easter basket wouldn't hold her attention for long, so I had to figure out how to extend the process. Some eggs were filled with ONE M&M (which rocked her little world). The other eggs were filled with one sticker. The sticker had to be matched up with another sticker on a brown paper bag that held her treat.
 
 
(Wake up. Put "lenatard" on. Carry on with day.) 
She found playdough, coloring books, a make up brush of her own so she stops using mine, you know, the usual....


And Bandaids. Best treat ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment