Two words no pregnant lady wants to say.
This morning I fell.
More like I tripped and totally ate shit.
I wasn't even carrying a bunch of stuff or wearing tall heels. I tripped over my own feet. And I went down.
In slow motion, I flew through the apartment parking lot and thankfully caught most of myself with my arm. I laid there until I felt the baby move, breathed a sigh of relief and then found my phone. I called Andy to tell him to come back home, just because I needed a second opinion on going to the doctor. Oh and he got to iron a different pair of dress pants for me because my little tumble ripped a hole straight through my pants.
So I went to work, arm hurting and then shortly thereafter decided to head to the clinic.
Nothing gets you to the head of the waiting list like being pregnant and crying. There was an audible ::gasp:: from the nurse when I told her I fell. Well, if that doesn't send more panic through your already racing heart I don't know what would.
First we listened for baby's heartbeat and all is well on his front. Then we did xrays.
A fractured radial head...whatever that means...it's my elbow. And now I have a little half cast and sling and an appointment with Ortho on Thursday.
I mean seriously? This happened? I realize it could totally be worse but this sucks so bad! I can't straighten my arm whatsoever, but thankfully I can use my hand...if everything stays at a 90 degree angle. Awesome.
I have gotten myself out of changing diapers for a while but I'll need to recruit someone to do my hair.
Oh and the sling, it's a handy cell phone holder...so there's that.
uffda Girl!!
ReplyDeleteOuch! That sucks. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing! This is the last thing you need, especially being pregnant and having a toddler at home! Hopefully you feel better soon.
ReplyDelete