12.20.2011

UGH.

I.am.struggling.

Not in a these are real problems kind of way, but I just can't shake this sad sack funk.

You see, my sweet babykin graduated and was moved to the next room yesterday and well, life just hasn't been the same since. I called to check in that afternoon and they said she cried all day. I picked her up after leaving work a bit early and she wasn't even happy to see me. She had a look like...whhhhy, why are you doing this to me? I thought you liked me?

So I proceeded to cry the whole way home. I just think of her sitting there at the breakfast table; the new kid at school...scared, no friends, the teachers are all strangers and she's just a peanut compared to the big kids. Thank God Andy does the dropping off or I would be a full time guest at the daycare.

And same thing today...though she had a better day, it was still sadsville central.  One of her old teachers went to "rescue" her this afternoon and Emmie ended up staying in her old room. She was a little happier to see me, but when we got home she just sat there, when normally she'd be laughing and running through the living room. It was SO SAD. Don't worry, this time I started crying at daycare and then cried off and on the whole night.

I know this is just a transitional phase and it will be over soon, but I can't get rid of this pit in my stomach. And add some other frustrating things that have been going on and I'm about ready to tap out. I could climb in my bed, pull the covers over my head and not come out for a while.

Again, not real problems, but at least it's not another post about the party.

2 comments:

  1. We had **ahem** a tough transitional period with preschool this fall. I know I took it harder than my darling first born (ok, I'm still taking it harder, I doubt she has any idea) No words of wisdom, just another mom saying "sucks, doesn't it". Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No bueno :( I'll be thinking good thoughts for better days to come my friend.

    ReplyDelete