Back to the party: I should back up and start with the invitation.
My theme, circles. And my colors, I mean Emmie's colors...this party was totally about her...orange, aqua and some pink. Because of course I can't just be normal and use what is actually available. I have to make thing ultra difficult to find, to make etc.
So the invites. I tried to be all cool and trendy and address my envelopes the long way. You know, because Emmie told me all the kids are doing it this way now. Well, epic fail on my part because did you know...that even though it's a standard sized envelope when you put the address a different direction the Post Office spazzes out and wants you to pay extra...yeah...I didn't know that...so everyone owed 44 cents to their local postal delivery person. Awesome way to start the party.
Moving on. We all know I'm a
And then I got to punching. And punching. Man, I grabbed a lot of paint chips.
And then I took said paint chip circles and glued them to some thread. I just sandwiched the thread between two circles and let the glue stick do the rest.
Oh this is just after my second epic fail took place. My first notion was to sew these strands. You know, just hop on the ol' sewing machine and sew a straight line leaving some length in between each circle. Ha. I tried, I failed. I glued instead.
And then I hung them! A little retro, a lot of like! And for zero dollars and zero cents, even better.



Too cool Girl! Wish I could've been there for the casaers...I mean for Emmie! ...heehee...You know I'm kidding!! Love the circles - may have to steal that idea for an event sometime...
ReplyDeleteStac
Ok, I love that you took paint samples for colored paper!! I would never have thought of that, that is just classic :)
ReplyDelete