4.03.2011

Well here I am.

Crying again.

The little miss starts daycare tomorrow.  And while sending her to daycare isn't something I'm nervous about or think is a bad thing, it's just a lot to take in.  Thank god I've already had about a month to adjust to being back at work.

On the one hand I know she is going to be so well taken care of. I know she's going to love interacting with other babies. I know they will teach her all sorts of new things. And I know I can't stay home full time.

But on the other hand I know she's going to be spending more time with her daycare family than her own. I know she'll probably start calling the teacher mom. And I know I'm never getting this time back. Ever.

So I let my mixed emotions get the best of me while I prepare her daycare bag.

Bottles. ::Whimper::

Extra outfits and loads of diapers. ::Pouty lip::

Soft white cozy blanket that we've wrapped her up with since we brought her home from the hospital all teeny tiny and now she's a big girl and I have to ship this blanky off to daycare so she has at least a little something to remind her of home. ::Sob::

I'm doing my darnedest to get out of attending the first drop off...but I figure if I try not attend everything I might cry at, I'll pretty much miss her entire life. So I'll suck it up, and count down the hours to pick up...looking forward to that smile and giggle when she recognizes me at the door. ::Tears again::

2 comments:

  1. Kels! :( This is a hard night - the night before the first daycare drop off. I remember crying those exact same tears. I will be thinking about you all tomorrow - thinking of Emmie too as she adjusts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope her first day at daycare went okay, and your work day went fast!

    ReplyDelete