It was cousin Toddy's wedding this weekend and we had all sorts of fun! It's a new experience getting me and a baby ready for events! You know, picking out the outfits, getting accessories...and then racing out to do it all over again because mother nature decided to dump snow on the city in April.
I had Emmie's dresses but it was a chore and half to make them winter appropriate. Apparently selling solid color anythings in infant sizing is not a store priority. Anyways we made it work. Of course I wasn't thinking ahead enough to get my butt on Etsy.com to find matching headbands...so I had to do some handy work myself. Elastic. Flowers. Beads. Done. Suck it Etsy.
Finally, an occasion for the little black dress! We still haven't perfected the family photo. You work so hard to get the baby smiling and the photo snaps as she's looking adorable and mom and dad are looking like fools. We opted for smiling parents in this one.
And here is the wedding day outfit...made possible with Grandma's sewing skills, taking the lavender trim off the brown top. This is the 2.8 seconds that the tulle dress was not crammed in her mouth. (I mean, I know I'm biased and all...but can she be any cuter?!)
And here are the adults of the weekend. Emmie had another sleepover at Gma and Gpa's so mom and dad could have a good night out. We didn't even get the pick up call until after her morning nap...thank you Grandparents!
We had so much fun at the Phi Delt reunion wedding. But really, there were Phi Delts as far as the eye could see. But this time almost every one of them had a baby in hand instead of a can of Natty Light. Oh how the times have changed.
And the hubby. As always, you are my favorite. The good. The bad. The drama. The fun. We're in it together and together we'll be.
No comments:
Post a Comment