4.30.2011

like sands through the hour glass, so is the feeling in my eyes

I had Lasik on Thursday! And it obviously worked because I can see what I'm typing.

So, the details:

Got to the clinic at 1pm and popped my Valium. Thankyouverymuch. Went over some last minute items, whipped out the credit card and signed my eyeballs away.

Then the freaky, alienesque procedure began. I knew I was going to have to stare at a red dot during the process...but I kinda forgot that I would be able to see everything else that was going on too. Like the doc slicing the top layer of my eyeball off and moving it, caareeeepy. One eye is taped shut while the one being worked on is pried open with some archaic tool.  Anyways, it was over in minutes...but then it dawned on me...shit, there's another eye to do.

So the procedure was done and all was well, except for my inability to open my eyes because I was so afraid my eye was going to pop out of it socket.

Andy picked me up and I went home in my goggles and killer glaucoma sunglasses.

Then I was supposed to take a nap.

Now, we all know that I can nap like a champ. But this time, no dice. I'm not sure how one is supposed to nap when it feels like a handful of sand has been mashed in your eye. They burned, like real bad.  And they were watering so much I thought I was going to float away.

So I pretty much just stayed in bed the whole evening and of course it had to be on the nicest day of the year. Mom came over to play with Emmie, so Andy and Tuck could play outside.  The nice thing about being laid up in bed all sorts of blind was everything I was able to hear. Emmie squealing with delight over Tucker just being Tucker, Andy making dinner and mom doing her grandma thing entertaining the babe.

And just a few days after the procedure my vision is awesome. I can see down the street, but things are still a little hazey. Hopefully by my next week's follow up appointment all will be perfect. But I am already so thrilled not to have to worry about glasses or contacts!

1 comment:

  1. jeal. ous.

    can't wait to see your new eyeballs!

    ReplyDelete