4.04.2011

It was a day of firsts:

First day of daycare.  There were a few tears from mom this morning, but baby was all smiles. We got to the infant room and settled in...it was pretty cute when another little one crawled over and pulled himself up on Emmie's car seat to see who the new kid in class was. And then the lady started to unbuckle her and I walked out with a short "gotta go" while I bit my lip and fought back tears. (I emailed the owner just to check in and she replied "such a good baby, happy as can be."  Honestly, I don't even care if she was lying, it was exactly what I needed to hear!)

First time hearing that! I picked Emmie up after work and she was mid nap.  And the coolest thing happened. I walked in and I said I was Kelsey and one of the gals turned to the other and said "that's Emmie's mom."  I know! I am!! I don't think I've actually been referred to as Emmie's mom and I sure do like the sound of it!

First take home bag from daycare. Everyone commented on what a happy, laid back little person she was, just taking it all in.  Her naps were short and eating sporadic, but you can't win 'em all.  Oh and we were already delivered an outfit in a baggie...that's a special treat from the new kid.

First after school gossip hour. And when we got home, I thought Emmie would be all sorts of tired. But instead she was just talking up a storm...I suppose she was filling me in on all the hot daycare gossip...I can't wait to hear the rest of the details tomorrow!






First day of school photos!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all went well!

    Pics look adorable...is it just me...or does she totally resemble a pic in the Bismarck (or was it Wahpeton?) newspaper of a little Girl holding the angel from the Christmas tree calling it 'baby'?? (oh, yes, call me a sap for retaining such things...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps...we are SOOO looking forward to seeing Emmie & Olivia on Friday!!(and their parents too :) )

    ReplyDelete