I finally finished Emmie's room! And when I say finished I really mean started. I've only had the idea since we moved out of our last house and told myself every night we lived in the apartment I was going to get started on painting...and months later with the end of maternity leave in sight, I finally did it this week. Procrastination much?
I allowed the procrastination to drag on because I thought sooner than later Emmie would be in her big girl bed and the crib would be outskies and the furniture would move around. Well, we're still procrastinating that as well, so I decided to bite the bullet and get out the hammer and nails.
Emmie's
nursery was simple and elegant. These words do not describe my little one's personality at all. She is a crazy ass little toddler that needed a room to match. Andy asked me what color I was going to do Emmie's room...to which I replied: all of them.
Emmie's new room is a lot of bang for not a lot of buck. From the refinished
dresser and revamped
curtains to a garage sale rocking chair with Nana-made cushions and wall décor that I found around the house and painted...this room was one huge craft fest. Eat your heart out Pinterest.
 |
| hot.pink.ruffles. |
 |
| love me a wall collage. the owl picture was the only thing i didn't pull from the previously hung elsewhere box. |
 |
| cheapo canvas + paint + thick sticker letters = love! |
 |
| framed thumbprint caterpillar |
 |
| perfect hobby lobby fabric to tie it all together |
 |
| ruffles and flowers and stripes oh my. |
 |
| plant holder by trade, book holder by desire |
 |
for funsies, this is what it all looked like in its previous life.
|
There you have it! I am so in love with this colorful space for my girl to grow into! I did hype up the room a bit when she got home from school. And if you tell a two year old to get excited for a surprise, it doesn't matter what the surprise is, they're amped for it! And she of course loved it. And then jumped on her bed, gave her star a kiss and tried to touch everything. Damn, didn't think of that. We're working on the look, don't touch part.
LOVE! SO cute! Nice job crafting....we need to get started on a crafting group soon I think. :)
ReplyDeleteWow Kels! Looks amazing!! Emmie is a lucky little girl!
ReplyDeleteLove it!! Looks like the perfect Emmie room
ReplyDeleteI love that collage - great colors!
ReplyDelete