1.09.2013

2 and 2

So. I have a two year old and a two month old.

The two month old had his check up today...1 foot 11 inches and 11 pounds 11 ounces. He's healthy and actually took his shots like a little champ.

The two year old...she got home from daycare, immediately took off all of her clothes and started saying "shake your booty mama." Um, what the hell is that? Like where did she learn that? I was literally crying from laughing so hard.  She is quite possibly the funniest little person I know.

The two kid thing...a bit harder than expected. I have no idea how you people that have three do it and maintain sanity. We are getting ourselves into a little routine and dare I say a calmness has come over the house while settle in to this new life.

I never realized what two kids would do for me. The busyness, the tiredness, the happiness. It has made me appreciate my one on one time with each little person so much. A family trip to Target used to be a bit annoying, now there is nothing more fun than whisking Emmie out of the house and running errands with just my girl. And when the whirlwind leaves the house every morning, I get my time with Ethan. (He has had a few good days and I'm appreciating our time together so much more.)

It might be tough and as cliché as it is to say, it is true that it's so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment