If there is an initiation into parenthoodx2 I will consider this Hell Week.
Two week old plus toddler with the stomach flu = Omigod. We knew it was going around daycare, but Emmie has been a pretty healthy kid. Not this time. She got hit. We got hit. The carpet got hit.
She has been home from daycare all week and was finally keeping food down on Wednesday. Considering I'm only two weeks out of surgery, I'm still trying not to lift Emmie. So Dad was the primary puke cleaner upper, sick kid holder, and sleeping buddy in her twin bed and naturally, the next to get sick. And Ethan and I hunkered down as far away as we could.
The days were spent watching hours of Dora. Seriously. Dora was the only thing that kept the poor kid happy and thank god for the hours of episodes we have saved on the DVR. We watched Dora in the den, Dora in the tv room, Dora in bed. We were praying that she wanted to watch Elmo at some point, but not even that was happening.
So, we survived that shit storm (poo pun completely intended) and now we're just hoping a routine will set in again soon and everyone stays healthy!
That sucks!! Eeeew.. Poor Andy and Emmie!
ReplyDeleteAnd I was going to tell you- I remembered your post about the magical stain remover and I can't believe how great it works. It saved Kinley's chair! It's the small things- right? :)