11.06.2012

Ethan Michael Fellows

He's here! Well he's here, but now he's in the NICU.

We arrived at the hospital at 5:30 this morning, surgery began at 7:15 and he was here at 7:30.  7 pounds,  15 ounces. 19 3/4 inches long. Just a peanut compared to Emmie.



While I waited in the recovery room for Ethan and Dad to come in....I just kept waiting. And then the nurse came in and started telling me how wonderful Ethan was doing and I waited for the "but". Yep, he was pulling the exact same stunt as Emmie. Low oxygen blah blah. Baby heading to the NICU. Ugh.  We were so hoping not go back there, but if that's what baby needs, that's what baby gets.

Thankfully they did wheel him in so I could at least hold him before he headed to the NICU.

He's doing well. And mom is doing a lot better after a two hour nap.


 
Poor Em is too young to visit Ethan in the NICU, so I'm not even sure when brother and sister will get to meet. But I'm pretty sure she will fall in love like we did.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! What a sweetie. Now he just needs to get out of that NICU ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! What a cute little guy! Hope Emmie gets to meet him soon!

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete