11.05.2012

last weekend as a threesome

This weekend we spent preparing to become a family of four.  We finally packed a bag. We worked on his name. We cleaned the house.  Nothing makes you want to clean like a baby coming home.

And today we bought me a new laptop. Yeah, with Emmie I got diamonds. This time around, I get a computer. Apparently this is how it works now that there's another boy entering the family.

Did I warn you yet that this is going to be a totally random post?

I've been crying a lot. You know, just a hundred weeks pregnant, prepping for baby number two while still trying to be present for baby number one.

Speaking of present.

I told Emmie that the baby was going to give her a present, trying to woo her from the get go. And now any time we talk about the baby, she just says presents. So, he better get her something good huh.

We did buy her a baby doll. How hard is it to find a baby? We didn't want a crying baby or a baby that pees herself or a baby that stares you down when you walk out of the room. We literally went to three different stores and ended up just taking the batteries out of this one to make her normal.

We gave Emmie the baby and asked her the baby's name. She said Maaahneee. Which is Emmie for Molly. How sweet is that?!

And speaking of Molly, look at this sweet little Owl that belongs to Matt and Alicia! Ohmahgawd. Can she be cuter? I think not. Don't worry, I checked with mom before posting pictures of someone else's kid on the internet. But really, I think you all wanted to see her right?


And with that, it's time for bed. You know how exciting it is to have three months off, no schedule etc. And you want to stay up and watch tv just because you can. Nope, not here. Still asleep by 9.

1 comment:

  1. That is one cute little costume. And cheesy as it sounds, give it a few months and Emmie will think her brother is the best present EVER. My kids are, like, OBSESSED with Baby May-bo. :)

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete