I don't even know where to start, so I'll just throw out some random facts from the past few days.
*We were released from the hospital at noon on Friday. At about 11am that morning Andy got a call from daycare. Emmie had been crying all morning and had bit three kids, I guess she's just anxious for the new Twilight movie. They wanted to know what they could do to make her feel better. Of course I immediately started bawling, knowing how jacked up her little world was. Nana to the rescue. While we were flying through discharge paper work (it helps when your nurse is there to witness your breakdown and the doctor on call is an old college friend and sorority sister) Nana picked up Em and met us at home.
*Ethan is so sweet. Loves to be cuddled and held....all.the.time. And he's such a little peanut. Even though he came out almost eight pounds, he's got a skinny little body and long monkey toes...just like dad.
*I have already scared the crap out of Emmie with the pump. I asked her to bring me a water and she stood ten feet away and threw it at me. I tried to explain, etc. but she was not havin' it. I did overhear Andy having a talk with her later and the next day she was holding the little pump hoses up to her boobies. It was kinda funny.
*Recovery for me is going as well as can be expected. I don't know if I have euphoric recall from the first delivery or what, but this go round seemed to suck way more. I'm feeling a lot better now. Though the back pain I had with Emmie is already starting. Glad I'm stocked up on pain meds!
And now for what you really want...more photos. Some days Ethan looks a lot like Emmie, other days not so much. The consensus has been that he also looks like her in photos, but not in real life.
![]() |
| Emmie |
One of Emmie's gifts from Ethan was a doctor kit. She loves it.



He's is own little guy... I don't see the resemblance. But he is certainly just as cute.
ReplyDeleteCongrats again, and hope your recovery speeds up soon. Dr. MM, our one-summer roomie at the Warehouse? That's fun!
ReplyDelete