Well first, let me start by saying thank you so much for your words of encouragement and support for our family. It's in crazy times like this that even the smallest gesture or comment can mean the world.
*Thank you to my coworker Liz for buying Emmie a new sleep sack today...poor kid was sweating her buns off in her winter sleep sack and I haven't had time to go get her a new one.
*Thank you dad for cooking dinner and mama for picking up Emmie and picking up my house. She didn't judge my dirty floors, she cleaned them.
So Andy. He slept like crap again last night. Ugh, so frustrating. On top of being weak, this whole not sleeping thing is less than awesome. As I left this evening he was getting a nice little dose of sleeping pills, so hopefully that will do the trick.
Not a ton going on today. Andy had an Electromyography (EMG) earlier today. What Andy explained is that they tested his muscles to see what the nerve connection was like. The doc said most of the connections were firing normally or a bit slowed, but some were "disconnected" (I'm not sure if that's a term, but we'll go with it.) These disconnections just take time to get back. This test also confirmed the doctor's diagnoses of GBS.
Andy had physical therapy as well. I was there when the therapist came in and I'm glad I was there. He said something that Andy and I will both need to remember in the days to come. He said to "respect the fatigue." With GBS, Andy will tire very easily and might be weak for some time. The therapist said this isn't a normal situation where he could work through the tiredness, he just has to go with it...and respect what his body is telling him.
Oh and speaking of all of these acronyms, isn't GBS just the greatest. I mean, you can only assume that this potty mouth girl is reading it as Guillen Bull Shit, which let's be honest, IT IS. And if you'd like to get French and fancy, pronounce it Gee-yen Boool Sheeeet.
Until tomorrow.
Your family is in my prayers, Kelsey!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you guys Kels - wish I was in ND right now. Will be soon and I can take Emmie or clean house :) You know how much I like cleaning.
ReplyDelete