3.25.2012

it's my birthday

And I'll cry if I want to. Okay, so I didn't actually cry but I did throw myself a little pity party.

Even though Emmie slept in and Alicia brought over french toast bake for breakfast and even though I brought Emmie to visit Andy and then we both took two hour naps and even though my dad made beef tips and mashed potatoes and mom put Emmie to bed so I could visit Andy and even though I got so many nice birthday texts and messages....it's still not a great birthday when your hubby isn't home with you at the end of the night.

Pity.party.

Speaking of that man of mine, he had a really good weekend (even though therapy interfered with his Sioux hockey viewing). Therapy kicked his butt in a good way and he is feeling stronger every day. I think I write that in every post, but I'm going to keep writing it until he is as strong as he used to be. With each day that brings more strength, Andy's finding little things easier...like opening a can of Coke; which he commented on being easier than earlier this week, I don't think he realizes just how weak he was.

Yesterday Andy's calf muscle was a little sore and though it's probably just a muscle ache, because of his blood clot in high school they want to keep an eye on it. And as a precaution, they put him on a blood thinner. And if you know Andy, you know his love for flossing, and now that's out the window. Not a happy camper.

And just in case you've been wondering about Tucker...he is loving life with Matt and Alicia. They take him for walks, let him on the couch and in general give him lots of love...he probably won't ever want to come home.

Oscar and Tucker. As you can see, he's still a grinning idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment