Sadly I have to work at work. (Oh did I mention I’ve been working this week? That dedicated of an employee?? Pfft. We decided I should save my days off for when Andy returns home. And thankfully I have a very flexible job that allows for long lunches and early afternoons.)
The sleeping pills were not as amazing as expected. We should’ve known as Andy is renowned for feeling crappy just after taking Nyquil. So he was pretty queasy this morning and not eating much…which was making him feel even sicker. He was able to have the cure-all over lunch that made him feel better – McDonald’s French fries obviously. And then he took a two hour nap!
Before lunch Andy did some physical therapy and they are pleased with his progress so far. He thinks he is getting stronger in his arms, so that’s a good thing! The neurologist also visited and thought Andy was improving in his strength as well. He is also pleased with Andy’s attitude about everything.
Now we hurry up and wait.
Thankfully Andy is being moved to a regular room this afternoon! A combination of progress and them needing the space in the ICU for “real” patients. The nice thing is that there are no visitation restrictions on floor three and not like it makes a difference, but the wing was just remodeled and it’s really nice with flat screens and all.
Oh, Andy is at Essentia if I haven’t mentioned it before. We’re normally Meritcare people but the doc on Friday said that the Essentia ER was waiting for us, so that’s where we went. And to be honest, I’m so glad he’s there. Not only for the great medical attention he’s received so far…but for the five minute commute from our house versus the 25 minute drive to Meritcare, that could’ve pushed me right over the edge.
So that’s the update thus far. Thanks to Lexi for watching the house and kiddo while I visit Andy tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment