9.13.2011

the things i do for my husband.

Wanna guess what I did all day yesterday?

Alright, we’ll be here forever, I’ll just tell you.

I was on the phone with the Post Office, then the Border Patrol and then scouring the internet for a day about how to enter Canada. I’ve probably set off some high alert warning at the FBI agency and they’re on their way to my house right now.

Why the sudden interest in Canada, eh?

As you may know, Andy is a huge Pearl Jam fan and he is going with a friend to a concert this weekend in Canada. There are two couples going as well, but my interest level in Andy’s music is pretty low, so a boy trip it will be. Well, yesterday, Andy’s friend new enemy cancelled. Like, totally backed out. Who cancels a cross the border trip the week of - leaving Andy to drive alone, stay in a hotel alone and attend a concert alone?!

And after asking every man in the tristate area, Andy is now being forced to take his wife.

Oh better yet…I have no passport.

Hence the multiple calls to Border Patrol. Did you know you can just call them? Anyways, even though everyone says I need a passport…supposedly, I’ll be okay with my birth certificate and driver’s license; I guess North Dakota doesn't so much follow the laws of the government. Don't worry, I’ve talked to about 10 “officers” and have their names and phone numbers written down and the approximate times I spoke with them.

But if it all goes down hill, Mom said she’d pick me up on the side of the road.

Ok, I’m off to buy earplugs…I kid, I kid…but I am going to search for concert appropriate attire. Wish me luck. Andy is a little nervous about my excitement level for the band he loves...so he has instructed me to pretend it's a Reba concert circa 1995.

1 comment:

  1. have fuuuuuun! i look forward to hearing all about it! good luck crossing the border, but best of luck to you getting back.

    ReplyDelete