9.11.2011

grandparents day

It's grandparents day! Who knew? So this goes out to the very best grandparents on their very first grandparents day.
 
I knew my parents were going to be great grandparents, but I never realized just how much I would enjoy seeing their grandparentness. Emmie lights up with that sparkle in her eye while Grandma and Grandpa are down on the floor reliving childhood all over again. Watching my parents interact with Emmie is pretty much the greatest thing ever.   I don't exactly know why that is either? Maybe because something that I made has brought so much joy and love and happiness? Whatever it is, I can't get enough of it.

We'll start with Grandpa Mike. Don't let that business suit fool you, he's a softy.  When Emmie and Olivia are over and Grandpa gets home from work, he immediately drops to his stomach and plays with them. He buys the girls matching Fargo Country Club outfits, takes them for walks around the house and compares bald heads. Those girls pretty much had him wrapped around their little fingers from day one.

And I've already told you about Mama Vicki but have I told you about Grandma Vicki? She's pretty much the best thing ever. She's the kind of grandma that knows how Emmie's day was, loves a Saturday afternoon drop off while we run errands, buys new toys for their house to keep the girls entertained and has only recently been put on an Emmie spending freeze because her closet is about to bust at the seams.

Emmie is spoiled with outfits and jammies, but better yet...she's spoiled with love. There are so many kisses and hugs and Emmie squeals with delight. Grandma's office is filled with photos of her grandbabies that she so quickly gushes about and Grandpa carries around photos in his wallet. Let me tell you, these two were made to be grandparents...

We are so very lucky to have them in our lives...and just blocks away makes it that much better. (Hey Dad, go ahead and bookmark this post to read again before you think of retiring states away.)

So thank you mom and dad for being amazing grandparents. The only thing better than having you for parents, is Emmie having you for grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment