9.18.2011

back in the U S of A

There we were, approaching the border...getting a little nervous without my appropriate travel documents in hand...worst case scenario mom was going to drive to Grand Forks to pick me up; best case scenario I was only going to be questioned while some guard men and a drug dog searched our car. We pull up, whip out my sub par documents and hand them over.

BP: What's your reason for travel?
A: Concert.
BP: Pearl Jam?
A: Yep.
BP: Where you staying?
A: Radisson, downtown.
BP: You don't have a passport?
K: No.
BP: Have you applied for one?
K: Yes.
BP: Okay, have a nice trip.

WHAT? That was IT?! Seriously. All that worry for nothing. We drove in to Winnepeg, checked in, lunched, cocktailed, picked up the tickets, cocktailed some more, had dinner and then jammed out.

Now we know I'm not a huge fan, but I will say that these fellas put on a really great show. Andy was very pleased with the set list and the three hours plus of show time. While people watching I saw a shirtless man, children, a shoeless girl in the bathroom and plenty of other random stuff. It was all pretty entertaining.

And then on the way home, I was expecting the worst as we hit the border once again. I figured there would be questioning again, I hoped it wouldn't take too long.

BP: Where were you at?
A: Winnepeg for a concert.
BP: Are you coming back with anything you didn't have before?
A: Donuts from Tim Hortons and t-shirts from the concert.
BP: When did you apply for your passport?
K: A couple days ago.
BP: See ya.

Yeah, he actually said "see ya." So there you have it. You do not need a passport to get into Canada. But now a new one is in the mail...and that's just all the more reason for us to vacation somewhere better than Canada!

And thank you to Alicia and Matt for Emmiesitting most of the weekend and mom for taking over today. It's so nice to be able to skip the country knowing the babe is in good hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment