8.09.2011

The real deal

The funny thing about blogging is that you can pretty much type whatever you want to type.

I can write about how perfect our life is, how clean the house is and how Emmie is already potty trained and takes amazing naps each and every day. Or I could tell the truth. And let’s be honest, usually the truth is funnier than any lie I could come up with.

Here is just a little glimpse into the reality of our life…we’ll just start with the nursery.

Remember that pristine nursery I blogged about so long ago? Nothing out of place, everything perfectly serene:



 
And here is the sad little crib now. No bumper, no blankie, no toys. Just a plain white sheeted jail cell. Sad.



And the photo collage above the changing table, perfectly leveled and just right:



Yeah, just right for curious little arms to grab and active little legs to kick off the wall.

 



And the gauzey white curtains it took me forever to find? Yep, they have now been replaced with an old sheet. Baby was waking up at 5:30am and this sheet, as terrible as it looks, it has Em sleeping until 6:30. Ah so thankful for you sheet.



There you have it. Just a glimpse into the non perfection that makes our life…well, lived I guess.

 



2 comments:

  1. but I must point out that your changing table is still more organized than mine has ever been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darkening shades are completely worth the investment! Evan sleeps until 9 some days!

    ReplyDelete