8.01.2011

The Ass Kicker 3000



I  worked out over lunch and had my ass handed to me in 15 minutes.

Doesn't it almost sound like working out over lunch is something I frequently do?! Ha! No I have never worked out over lunch in my entire life, unless you count hauling it through the mall, Target and/or TJMaxx a workout...then yes, I workout all the time. 

DKN Xg10 Vibrating Exercise Machine
My chiropractor, has this little machine. An innocent enough looking contraption that vibrates and you just stand on it. Well, that seems like my cup of working out tea.

So, I finally had my first session with the nice little machine today.

Brad (not at all hard on the eyes as you can see) is coaching me along. I guess I don't just get to stand on it, I have to do squats and lunges and tricep dips and push ups. Shit. I can hardly do that on a solid surface, let alone on top of an earthquake.

The first couple of minutes are a breeze. Yay, I can do this! This is easy. 30 seconds of this, switch, 30 seconds of that, switch. Yeah, this is all right. 30 seconds...wait this is starting to burn a little. But yay, Brad is cheering me on. Man he's dreamy.  30 seconds...my arms, they feel like jelly but Brad said I'm making it look easy. 30 seconds, my legs, they're quivering. 30 seconds...no Brad I can't take this lunge any deeper actually. 30 seconds...what? you want me to do MORE push ups, side dagger eyes while Brad's not looking. 30 seconds...are you effing kidding me?!

I get done...yes, a mere 15 minutes later...and I can hardly walk. Of course I pull it together so I don't look like a total wuss in front of Brad. But I can barely.get.in.my.car. Oh dear.

And that is the tale of my lunch workout. I hope I survive the next few days...because I'd like to try it again, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. But here I sit, nervous to go to bed because I'm afraid I won't be able to get out in the morning.



2 comments:

  1. Working out over lunch?!! Who is this new Kelsey?!!
    I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is too funny! What does that machine have to do with chiropractory anyway? (I'm guessing that's not a word, oh well).

    ReplyDelete